Everything is awesomely positive right now – I’m in a great place, and couldn’t be happier. Well maybe, but for now I’m settling for this image of perfection. I have no need of anything else.
So … why should I be sitting here, feeling rubbish after three days of eating crap? I haven’t cycled to work this week (LOVING that by the way), I’ve had takeaway, cookies, sugar binges, you name it.
My guess is that favourite of ‘excuses’ … PMT. Bless its cotton socks.
It does seem a little unfair that it affects me in this way, but I think the best thing I can do is to journal and spot it coming. Not helped by the likes of Deliveroo or HungryHouse, which are so mind-bendingly easy to order takeaway delivery from at the touch of a Paypal button. If you told me I had to go and collect it’s highly likely that I couldn’t be bothered because that’s not really what I want.
When it’s upon me and logic has no impact whatsoever, I’ve decided that a list of distractions would be useful. If you have any suggestions to add, please let me know!
- Turn off the telly and read
- Go for a walk/gym
- Do something creative – draw, tapestry, Sudoku
- Phone a friend (I never do this – I always assume people are busy)
- Go out and visit friend/family
- Go to bed and watch a film
- Put on some funky music and get the hoover out (things seem better when my environment is clean and vaguely tidy)